Alex Epstein interviews Yaron Brook about the origins, rise, and unprecedented power of today’s anti-fossil fuel ESG movement in investing.
In this interview, they cover:
– Larry Fink’s latest influential letter
– The shareholder value theory of the purpose of a corporation
– What’s wrong with the “stakeholder value” theory of the purpose of a corporation
– How government coercion increases the power of the ESG movement [Environmental, Social, and Governance] – How the culture gives the ESG movement most of its power
– What companies can do to fight back against the anti-fossil fuel ESG movement?
Yaron Brook is a former finance professor, an investor, Executive Chairman of the Ayn Rand Institute, and host of The Yaron Brook Show.
Learn more about Alex Epstein and the Center for Industrial Progress at http://industrialprogress.com/accelerate. Purchase Alex’s book “The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SOOHPo. Subscribe to Alex’s podcast: https://apple.co/2twmMET
Like what you hear? Like, share, and subscribe to stay updated on new videos and help promote the Yaron Brook Show: http://youtube.com/ybrook
Become a sponsor to get exclusive access and help create more videos like this: https://yaronbrookshow.com/support
Or make a one-time donation: http://paypal.me/yaronbrookshow.
Want to learn more about Ayn Rand and Objectivism? Visit the Ayn Rand Institute: http://ari.aynrand.org